Dear Friends in Christ,
On February 11, 1954 Presentation B.V.M. Parish in Penn Wynne was founded by John Cardinal O’Hara C.S.C., who named Father Charles P. O’Connor the first pastor. The Sacred Heart Sisters at City Line and Haverford Road were gracious in providing the newly formed parish with facilities for daily and Sunday Mass.
In January 1955, when the convent and the school were opened, Mass was celebrated in the basement of the school. The original rectory, at 206 Haverford Road, was torn down in 1967 to make room for the new church which was opened in 1969.
Today, Presentation Parish has over 600 families and has completed more than 50 years of worshiping God and serving the faithful.
Thanks to all those who have done so much to make the first fifty years of Presentation Parish history well worth remembering.
Sincerely in Christ,
Reverend Eduardo G Montero