TEN COMMANDMENTS (CCC 2084 ff)
- I am the Lord your God: you shall not have strange gods before me.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- Remember to keep holy the Lord’s day.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
TWO GREAT COMMANDMENTS (CCC 2196, Matthew 22:37-40)
- You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.
- You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
BEATITUDES (CCC 1716 , Matthew 5:3-11)
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
- Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
- Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
- Blessed are the merciful,for they will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
- Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
PRECEPTS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH (CCC 2042-2043)
- You shall attend Mass on Sundays and on holy days of obligation and rest from servile labor.
- You shall confess your sins at least once a year.
- You shall receive the sacrament of Eucharist at least during the Easter season.
- You shall observe the days of fasting and abstinence established by the Church.
- You shall help to provide for the needs of the Church.
Corporal Works of Mercy (CCC 2447)
- Feed the hungry
- Give drink to the thirsty
- Clothe the naked
- Visit the imprisoned
- Shelter the homeless
- Visit the sick
- Bury the dead
Spiritual Works of Mercy (CCC 2447)
- Convert the sinner
- Instruct the ignorant
- Counsel the doubtful
- Comfort the sorrowful
- Bear wrongs patiently
- Forgive all injuries
- Pray for the living and the dead